The new church plant in Pflugerville began on January 2nd, 2019, when our Vicar, the Rev. David Peters drank his first cup of coffee at West Pecan Coffee. This was 180 years after the Rev. Caleb Ives announced the formation of the first Episcopal Church in Texas, Christ Church in Matagorda in 1839. Christ Church, Matagorda first met in a Masonic hall, so we expect to utilize creative spaces as we begin this exciting new community. Before we start Sunday morning publish worship services, we will be starting several missional communities around Pflugerville.
We are so brand new we don’t have a name yet! For now, we are simply the New Episcopal Church in Pflugerville. Eventually, when the time is right, we will choose a name and request approval from Bishop Doyle, our Diocesan Bishop.